Your areas of vulnerability will change as the seasons of your life change, but the truth is that you’ll always be tempted in some way. But the good news is that you can be tempted and triumphant. Jesus showed us how to do it. When He faced the tempter in the wilderness He stood on God’s Word. Here are some Scriptures you can stand on when you’re tempted.
(1) ‘The Lord knows how to rescue Godly people from their trials.’ (2 Peter 2:9 NLT)
(2) ‘This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and… find grace to help us when we need it most.’ (Hebrews 4:15–16 NLT)
(3) ‘Put on every piece of God’s armour so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.’ (Ephesians 6:13 NLT)
(4) ‘The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet… the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.’ (Romans 16:20 NLT)
(5) ‘I have given you the power… to defeat the power of your enemy Satan.’ (Luke 10:19 CEV)
(6) ‘The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.’ (1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT)